Monday, March 5, 2007

Shopping, cooking, and eating: day 7 (the final diary day!)

I thought it was going to be a 100 percent eating day, but I did end up in a grocery store after dinner. Here's the list:
  • the other apple I bought on Saturday
  • two mandarins
  • some of the Indian potato stew I made yesterday, over rice from the rice cooker; I thought this would hold me to dinner, but it didn't, so while out at the café working, I had to eat...
  • a "raisin bran" muffin, which was the only thing that wasn't basically cake or pastry; doubtless it had some refined flour, but it didn't give me any refined-sugar headache or anything
  • a bunch of corn chips that came with my friend/work buddy A.'s burrito (please note that this is not the same A. at whose apartment I ate lots of things on day 2)
  • huge glass of genmai cha and a refill on the hot water with the same teabag (the café version of the bottomless cup, essentially)
  • then, dinner with my date, D. (of the crag rangoon–infested meal with the other A.): a cup of lentil soup and a piece of (white flour) bread that was kinda herby and very soft, yum
  • some nachos (chips, black beans, salsa, cheese, sour cream, a pepperoncini on top that he didn't want so I ate it happily)
  • part of a quesadilla (white flour tortilla, cheese, salsa, with ample evidence that there was meat grease [mmmmm...] on the grill where it was cooked)
  • a glass of house red
  • post-dinner shopping trip: Fig Newmans (low-fat, which was not my choice but D.'s 'cause the full-fat ones were also wheat free, and he rejected the barley flour therein); Tuscan three cheese–flavored Kettle Chips (also per D.), Pirate's Booty (my idea), six granny smith apples (D. insisted on six even though I assured him I would be at the farmers market many times before he was at my house enough times to eat six apples, but whatever; they're from Washington, which is not that far away)
  • midnight snack: some Fig Newmans and a couple of the chips, which were not good—too sweet; give me salt and vinegar any day
Not really a banner day for my food choices. Thank gawd this diary week is over. As much as I relish the obsessive documentation of everything I put in my body, it's a little...much.

3 comments:

delete said...

"crab rangoon infested" ? -- come on -- you gotta give the cr a little bitta love. awwww.

A -- of the nauseating orange :(

leesajay said...

i owe the rangoon no love at all. though perhaps "infested" in a poor choice of words to describe anyone's apartment, especially one as clean and sunny as yours! tee hee.

Anonymous said...

buhzwah! found you in lieu of an email thought a comment more appropriate. xoxo!