Thursday, March 1, 2007

Shopping, cooking, and eating: day 3

So my eating routine is a little weird today, since I slept on my friend A.'s couch last night because I was too tired/warm/inert to go out into the cold and catch the last BART home. Usually I start with my green tea (and sometimes a dose of raspberry emergen-c), then have some oatmeal (actually, right now it's six-grain cereal 'cause the Bowl was out of bulk steel-cut oats the last time I went) or toast and then go from there. But I couldn't today, so as I write this it's past 1 p.m. and I'm just now starting to drink my first cup of tea.

In order:
  • some wheat-flake and flaxseed cereal that A. had in her house; totally up my alley for its 100%-whole-grain, no-sweetener-of-any-kind nature, but it did not, in fact, taste all that good (shocking, I know)
  • one of the tangelos that I bought on Tuesday
  • one of the kiwis that I bought on Tuesday
  • leftover tofu and string beans from last night, along with the rest of the brown rice that was still warm in my rice cooker from yesterday
  • bottomless cup of green tea
  • two slices of Russian sourdough toast topped with Earth Balance, which my dairy-allergic friend J. bought when she was visiting last month so she could make her famous Awards Show Pudding for a party we threw (Earth Balance is a dilemma for me: It's vegan and nonhydrogenated, but it's still pretty processed; generally I prefer just to use olive oil [or organic butter when I am feeling spendy]—but I also think the EB tastes soooooo good, and so when it's in my house I tend to look for excuses to slather it on things)
  • another tangelo
The prediction for dinner: nachos. I'm going back to the Parkway again, but I'm thinkin' I'm not gonna be as healthy as I was on Tuesday. I know you're on the edge of your seat about this. You can tune in tomorrow to find out.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Sorry about the Earth Balance still being there to tempt you. But you have to admit the Awards Show Pudding was worth it...