Thursday, March 1, 2007

Shopping, cooking, and eating: day 3, part 2

First, there was some more afternoon snacking:
  • a blood orange from the farmers market a week ago Tuesday
  • a piece of cornbread toast
  • more tea

Dinner was not in fact Parkway nachos, but Parkway vegetarian pizza instead (they have vegan pizza there, but that fake cheese is...not okay; there is good, relatively unprocessed fake cheese
in the world, but this is not it). And some popcorn with butter and garlic salt. I should just rename the Parkway the Dairy of Unknown Provenance Hut. (Sometime soon I will explain more fully my feelings about fake cheese, soygurt, and the like, and my feeling that real can be more sustainable/ethical even if it means animal products.) Oh, and a glass of cheap sangiovese.

And now, two hours after getting home, I'm hungry again. My friend J. (okay, it is now officially clear that I have too many friends whose names start with J; this is not the same J. who I went to the Parkway with on Tuesday, neither is it the same J. who asked for the shopping-cooking-eating diary nor Boston J.) thought that an eight-inch pie was enough for the two of us to share. I was skeptical but figured I'd go with it; portion control has never been my strong point. And now I say: curses, J.! I might need to eat some more toast with Earth Balance before bed or my rumbling stomach will keep me awake.

Oh, and we saw Volver. It was pretty great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say hello. D (it looks like you're not using full names so I thought I would stick with that too) told me about your blog and I thought I would let you know I have been reading and enjoying it. :)
-Ray